Rally Sweden will be the second round of the 2013 World Rally Championship (WRC). This race is a rara avis in the World Rally Championship, since it is the only rally to be disputed entirely on snow and ice.
Despite the snow and ice, the use of studded tires allows this rally to be one of the fastest races in the championship. Still, driving in such dire conditions remains a tricky business. It is particularly difficult to master the art of being able to make the most of the snow banks that line most of the stages and use them to ‘lean’ the cars through the corners without losing speed. Because of that, victory in Rally Sweden has been largely restricted to Nordic pilots, up to the point that even Sébastien Loeb, ruler with an iron fist of the World Rally Championship for nine consecutive years, has only been able to win here once, in 2004.
For all the aforementioned reasons, even if it still lacks some of the glamour of other rallies such as the Monte-Carlo, Rally Sweden is becoming increasingly popular. Will you be part of its new legion of spectators? Do not let this opportunity pass! Come to the cold north and enjoy the World Rally Championship with EventGo.
Photographs by kyn_chung at Flickr.
Package based on 2 people occupancy. The package includes:
- Return Transfer from Oslo Gardermoen airport
- Transfers to the ceremonial rally Start, Karlstad super-special stage, shakedown, stages and Service Area.
- 5 nights Hotel accommodation in a double room (4 nights at Arvika & 1 night at Karlstad), breakfast included.
- Spectator Passes (Super-Special Stage included)
- Rally Travel Guide to assist throughout the tour.
- News & Results service to keep up to date with the rally
- Souvenir Rally Information
PRICE WITH TAXES INCLUDED. AIRPLANE TICKETS NOT INCLUDED.
In addition to the extra services mentioned, all packages can be tailored to suit the customer's needs (dates, transportation...).